Who We Are
Motto is a strategic branding agency based in NYC and founded in 2005 by Sunny Bonnell and Ashleigh Hansberger. We’re proudly among the .1% of creative agencies owned by women.
We work directly with Founders and C-Suite Leaders to build brands with purpose to create Ideas Worth Rallying Around®. Clients of Motto include Google, Hershey’s, Twentieth Century Fox, E&J Gallo Wines, Gannett, USA Today, Humankind, Legendary Digital, Bleecker Street Media, Blue Sky Animation Studios, and more.
We’re the best at:
– Guiding your leadership to clarity
– Giving brands an ownable position
– Uniting who you are with what you do
– Capturing your spirit in a brand motto
– Turn your team into brand advocates
– Untangling unclear brands
– Crafting crushworthy brands
– Making brands that perform and scale
– Establishing your brand as a leader
– Expanding resources for in-house teams
We encourage you to:
– Spend time reviewing our testimonials
– Get your hands on our book
– Review our case studies
– Read our articles (full of awesome tips)
– Listen to various podcasts and shows we’ve been on
– Read recent press
What We Do
We believe in branding from the inside out. Starting with the big idea your company rallies around, we define your brand essence, who you are, what your purpose is, what makes you special and why it matters. Building from a solid strategy gives your leadership keen understanding and razor sharp clarity about what your brand means and what it stands for. A north star, if you will. Then we bring it all to life through tone of voice, a brand story, and design that delivers on your vision and sets your brand apart from the rest.
Research & Insights
Tone & Message
Color & Type
Look & Feel
In 1997, Sunny Bonnell and Ashleigh Hansberger met as teens in a Chicago snowball fight. They grew up together, went to college together, and in their early twenties started Motto in 2005. With 250 bucks and a dream, they fought the odds. People said they were too young, too female, too inexperienced, and too rebellious to succeed in a world where sixtyish admen made the rules.
All that doubt fueled them harder, leading to a book deal with HarperOne, a HarperCollins imprint. Their book, RARE BREED, A Guide to Success for the Defiant, Dangerous and Different, is now available wherever books are sold.
In their much buzzed about Workshops, they teach leaders and organizations how to stand out, think different, and lead bold brands by harnessing the power of 7 unconventional traits from the book.